Friday, September 9, 2011

art from the soul

WARNIG EARLY MORNIG RAMBLINGS:
Normally, actually never, do I share the sketches I put in my journal. They're usually just some random doodling of a face or pose to reflect my mood, but tonight I went a lil larger. Its still a rough sketch but I always find those first drawings to be the most genuine and heart felt. And as an artist I feel like these pictures do more explaining than i could ever put into words. And in in these wee morning hours i felt posting it would be theraputic. 
Sooooo here we go: Well 2011 has seemed to be a particularly tricky year, it came banging on my door a few months early with a taste of things to come. It's been a battle this year to keep up with life's challenges, more so than ever before in my life. Today I found myself actually feeling like I lost so much of my innocence this year ( which i laughed at considering Im almost thirty) I always felt like I was the best of friends with my inner child and as the year has progressed I've felt like I've had to let him slip away to be a "grown- up". And like the last 29 yrs of life music had a way of stepping in with a message for me , this came to mind as I wandered( particularly starting at 2:24, take a listen below) My thoughts and the song brought the image to mind of my younger self approaching me with the innocence of a child to ask me, " whats wrong?'' And then placing his finger on my heart, he reminds present day me that he never left. That he was still around, maybe in the dark, but there none the less ...within me. Waiting for our time to be together.

Yes life can be hard but thats the adventure of it all, this year has tested my optimistic out look on things and though things may be hard now who knows what tomorrow will bring me . It's the hope in tomorrow, and the faith within ourselves that we should all look too when struggling. So to everyone having a bad day, week, month or year, keep your head up and know things will be just fine if you just believe :)

Now if you'll excuse me, my lil me and I got some catching up to do 




No comments:

Post a Comment